SEMINOLE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY BUSINESS MANAGER
DOWNLOAD THE PRE-SCREEN QUESTIONNAIRE HERE
The Seminole County Sheriff's Office mission is to enhance the quality of life by reducing crime and the fear of crime throughout Seminole County. The Technology Solutions Division is committed to creating and deploying cutting edge tools and applications to revolutionize how we deliver those services.
What we do matters, and our people and technology ensure we excel. Our shared values of crime prevention, integrity, teamwork, accountability and agility are evident in everything we do.
Are you an experienced manager who enjoys a fast-pace, managing multiple projects and developing innovative solutions? Are you a strategic thinker able to develop both a long-range technology vision and a tactical execution plan? Do you thrive in an environment where leveraging technology for continuous improvement is the norm?
If so and you want to be part of a team that builds its own software solutions, please apply! As the leader of the Technology Solutions Business Section unit you will:
Resumes and Pre-screen Questionnaires are being accepted until position is filled.
Minimum Requirements :
- Provide thought leadership in the assessment of existing systems, current processes and standards
- Help drive positive change and maturation throughout the organization
- In cooperation with our Development, Systems and Support Managers, oversee our portfolio of technology projects that provide state-of-the art capabilities to over 3,500 users in 15 agencies
- Develop strategic initiatives and perform business analysis to ensure technology enables continuous improvement and success
- Monitor, measure and report on metrics relating to scope, budget and timelines
- Be accountable to meet deadlines or provide appropriate advance notice if project timelines are not met
- Prepare and monitor the division budget
- Handle technology contracts & conduct vendor negotiations
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork, collaboration and encourages employee engagement
All candidates must submit a resume and a fully completed pre-screen questionnaire which can be secured by clicking here or by visiting the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office Information Desk located at 100 Eslinger Way Sanford, Florida 32773. The pre-screen questionnaire and resume may be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand delivering to the Information Desk.
- Applicants must have a valid Florida Driver’s License
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or closely related field
- 10 years or more combination of education, training and experience in information technology with 3 years of management experience.
- Strong organizational and planning ability
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of budgeting, inventory and cost-management
- Project Management Certification preferred but not required
Each applicant must have a Background Investigation Waiver (included with the pre-screener questionnaire package) notarized. Failure to have this document completed and submitted with your pre-screen questionnaire will disqualify your application. Any costs associated to the completion of this form are the responsibility of the applicant. The Sheriff’s Office does not provide notary service for this form.
Successful applicants will be required to complete and submit an entire employment application which will be provided to the applicant by Human Resources. The applicant will then submit to a thorough background investigation, which includes, but not limited to, past employment/education verification, driver’s license review, credit history, prior drug use history, arrest/conviction record, and computerized voice stress analysis (CVSA). A certified examiner administers the CVSA with questions addressing illegal drug use and general questions of honesty and criminal history. Any dishonesty or deception on the pre-screen questionnaire or employment application will disqualify your application.
The background investigation process may take 3-6 months depending upon the complexity of the applicant’s background. Applicants selected for employment will be provided a conditional offer and required to submit to a medical examination with drug screening.
Candidates for employment must comply with the Body Ornamentation policy which includes tattoos, brands, intentional body/tongue piercing (not including normal piercing of the earlobe for earrings) or mutilation and dental ornamentation. “Visible” is defined as body ornamentation that is visible on the arm below the sleeve of a short sleeve or golf-style shirt or above the collar of a short sleeve or golf-style shirt. Any visible body ornamentation must be disclosed at the time of application.
Applicants who are not selected for employment will receive written notification from Human Resources, to include justification based on the following disqualifiers: negative background, failure to meet minimum qualifications as outlined in the specific job description, or any additional information discovered during the interview process. Applicants will be eligible to reapply with the Seminole County Sheriff’s Office after one year from the date of notification.
Please direct any questions to:
Seminole County Sheriff’s Office
Human Resources Division
100 Eslinger Way
Sanford FL 32773
The Sheriff’s Office is committed to a diverse work force, is a drug free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.